Replies

DID nos and Voicemail

rahman001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have cisco 3825 router with Call Manager Express Installed:

1.     How can I activate DID numbers?

2.     If Dial In Direct(DID) will not work in the CME setup. Can you suggest any other solution for me to activate voice in my office.  

3.     If I want to set up voicemail, what software/license or device/module should I purchase for this cisco router.

thanks

sam

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. contact telco

2. DID works fine

3. how many VM users you need ?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The voice mail users are 55

Thanks

samson

srichardson
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I agree with the other responder on contacting your service provider, however, if you currently are running CME without DID you may possibly need to order a different type of circuit to handle the DID calls.  What service you select will depend upon the size of your office and the types of interfaces you have or are willing to purchase for your gateway.   Do you currently have telephone lines terminating on FXO or T1 interfaces?  Understand this before calling your service provider.

Once you make that decision, enabling DID on the CME will be a matter of configuring the interface and dial peers to handle the routing of the calls to the right phones.

If you don't already have voicemail, your best bet is to order an appropriately sized Unity Express module for your router (CUE).

I hope that helps to point you in a researchable direction.  Best of luck.

Stephanie

Thanks for your reply.

DID is activated already , but SIP trunk will carry only single number.

How Unity will help to connect DID’s?

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: