Views
Helpful
Replies

Different OUs

cparapally
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am using Unified Messaging 4.0(5) and not much familiar in UM.

Currently my head office is in UK and trying to add a branch office in Germany for UM

1)Currently Germany Exchange IDs and are in Exchange 5.5 and Exchange IDs will be moved to UK Exchange Server 2003.

2) AD will be in Germany only

3) Germany and UK are in different OUs.

To add Germany Exchange subscribers in UK UM, will it be ok if I run the permission wizard or do I need to consider anything else? Any document/procedure to add different OU subscribers successfully?

Many thanks,

Mady

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd say PW along with the message store configuration wizard would be the most critical components during this. always make sure to run PW with a proper account.

# Log on to the Cisco Unity server by using an account that:

* Is a member of the Domain Admins group in the domain in which the Cisco Unity server is being installed, or that has permissions equivalent to the default permissions for the Domain Admins group.

* Is either an Exchange Full Administrator or a member of the Domain Admins group in the domain that contains all of the domains from which you want to import Cisco Unity subscribers.

Caution! If you try to run Permissions Wizard using an account that has less than the default permissions for a Domain Admin, Permissions Wizard may not be able to set all of the permissions required by the installation account and the services accounts. If Permissions Wizard cannot set all of the required permissions, either the Cisco Unity installation will fail, or Cisco Unity will not run properly after it has been installed.

if users are going to be imported from different OUs you need to do that in the PW, actually you can look at it here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW421/PWHelp_ENU.htm#Exchange

step #22

the MSCW would be just to make sure the permissions updates are reflected for the exchange and in case the users are going to be in a different mailstore

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: