Cisco Support Community

****Direct Transfer to Voicemail Issue****

I have a customer configured direct transfer to voicemail using the following link:

When an external caller calls the operator x3011, the operator transfer the call to a subscriber's voicemail box (3190) directly; by pressing Transfer, dialing *23190, pressing Transfer. The external caller hears the greeting and leaves a voicemail.

Now in the subscriber's outlook inbox, he gets the voicemail, and it says it is from Operator x3011; and when hearing the voice message via TUI gets the option for Reply, when he presses 4 for reply, it goes to the operator at extension 3011.

{{{{To my understanding and testing in lab, this message should have been from the "Unified Messaging System" mailbox, and the subject should say "Message from <external_number>". When hear the message via TUI, it should not give me option to reply as the calling number is external.}}}}

There is a subscriber in Unity, and the operator is an Alternate Extension to that subscriber. However this should not matter, per my testing in lab.

Also, in Unity AvCsMgr log, I find this line which says that the call came from external caller.

2004-03-20 00:58:47,AvRepMgr_MC,30020,2004-03-20 00:58:47,ch_PBarman,3190,4,1,Unknown Caller,2143192787,2004-03-20 00:58:47,N/A,N/A,6009

Then why is unity associating the voicemail with the operator extension.

Thanks for any help,

Community Member

Re: ****Direct Transfer to Voicemail Issue****

I too am experiencing this behavior. If my receptionist transfers to my extension (5201) the phone rings 4 or 5 times, then the caller gets my voicemail - the voicemail correctly shows that the call came from the PSTN. If the receptionist transfers directly to my voicemail box (*5201 in my case) the called goes directly to my greeting, but the message shows as coming from the recptionist.

I would also like very much to fix this if possible.

--Thanks Brian

Cisco Employee

Try this:

Ask caller to hold.

Select the Transfer button or messages key.

Press #, wait a second, dial the extension number # 2.

Select the End Call button or hang-up to transfer the call to the personal greeting.

How to Transfer a Caller Directly into a Cisco Unity Mailbox

Cisco Employee

What version of Unity and TSP are you running?

This looks like it has been addressed in Cisco Unity 4.0(3) and TSP 7.0(3).

Thanks cmcalpin, the customer has unity 4.0.2 and tsp 7.0.3. Looks like this bug is a very possible candidate here.

CreatePlease to create content