cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory greeting, can you record your own?

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is there a way to replace the directory greeting? I have 4.0.5 and have not seen anyway, unless it is some buried audio tool I have not seen.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no custom record option for the directory handler greetings. We have posted some alternate system prompts you can use - you can check out the options here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

be aware that when you do an upgrade the different prompts you decide to use will be over written and you'll have to reapply the prompts you want to play there.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's no custom record option for the directory handler greetings. We have posted some alternate system prompts you can use - you can check out the options here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_AlternativeDirectoryHandlerPrompts.htm

be aware that when you do an upgrade the different prompts you decide to use will be over written and you'll have to reapply the prompts you want to play there.

Thanks Jeff

I wanted to pass along a thanks for this post. The information provided is exactly what I needed.

Jason

Lindborg...

I've used this zip before on earlier versions of Unity (pre 4.x), but now that i'm on 4.1(1), I need to re-apply. I don't see the same directory it seems. I've applied the modified AvAddrSearchENU006.wav into c:\commserver\localize\prompts\enu\g729a\avaddrsearch but to no avail. I still hear 'please enter the last and first name then press pound'. What am i doing wrong?

Jay Crump

You're not doing anything wrong - these same prompts still work in 4.1 (and 4.2 and upcoming 5.0) - the structure of that conversation has not changed in some time.

My first guess is you're updating the 729a prompts but are configured to use 711 - but that's just a guess...

codec checker says i'm running 729 across the board for prompts. ideas? i've bounced the box after changing the file out as well.

Well - this works flawlessly in all cases - just tried it even on my beta Unity 5.0 box - still works like it should.

Not sure what you mean by codec checker proves you're running 729a as your selected prompt set - it does not. It only proves your recording format for greetings and voice names and such is in 729a. These two are not related. Do you have a 711 prompt path? If so, go change the prompts down that path as well - I'm betting dimes to dollars this is the source of your problem.

To check the active prompt install you should be able to look in the registry under HKLM\Software\Active Voice\SystemParameters\1.0\PromptSet

It likely says G711 in there - if not, still try copying it into another folder. I'm %100 certain these prompt names have not changed and still work across _all_ versions of Unity - we use them internally here as well on both our 4.2(1) and 4.0(5) installs, all my test boxes, all my beta boxes etc... there's no possibility the names are different or there is some bug related to the phrases changing or something. Either there is multiple installs of Unity (seen that before) in different locations or the prompt set you think is active is not.

I am having the same issue with Unity 4.2.1. The system prompts are in g.729 (confirmed against the registry). I also searched the files in the CommServer\Localize\Prompts\enu\G729a\AvAddrSearch for Date Accessed by and I don't see the timestamp match up. Not sure where the files are playing from. I searched all the drives for the AvAddrSearchENU006.wav file and there is only one such file. The greeting that plays is still "Spell last and first name..."

Any thoughts?

Figured it out...the filenames are backwards. For Last Name, First Name, search, the file that needed to be replaced was AvAddrSearchENU005.wav. I replaced that with the AvAddrSearchENU006_12.wav file and its working like it should.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: