cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory handler fails transfer on forwarded phone

awolfe
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Running Unity 4.0(5). Have a call handler that allows for entering a subscriber's extension or press 4 to go to a directory handler that allows for the name to be spelled. When a caller enters the extension OR goes to the directory handler and spells the user's name, and the target subscriber has their phone forwarded, the call transfer fails. I find that when I change in the Transfer Type for the subscriber from Release To Switch to Supervise Transfer that the issue resolves itself. However, I dont want to go through each user's box and change that. Any ideas where I should look for this issue and if anyone out there has experienced a similar issue. Please let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can't say why release would not be working but supervised would - but you can change this setting for everyone in one step using BulkEdit if you need to rather than going through the SA interface one at a time. You'll find BulkEdit in the Tools Depot on your desktop.

I figured I could do the bulk edit. It is really strange that this is happening on this one Unity system and not my other two. I appreciate the help. If anyone else has seen this let me know.

Probably need TAC to look at traces to know what is really going on. Before that, it may be worth your effort to try the latest TSP release. You didn't state what TSP version you have so I'll assume 8.0(1) which was released with Unity 4.0(5). There have been many transfer related bugs resolved in the TSP since then.

-Eric

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it fail when the forwaring is set to an external number? If yes, that is probably because the Unity restriction tables are not configured to allow dialing out.

Chris

Actually, it can't be the restriction tables. The RTs are only enforced at the time you _change_ a transfer number (or delivery or fax) number. The RT of the user making the change (either via the phone or web interface) is checked to see if it's a legal change. At the time we do the dial/transfer, the RT is not consulted. The reason for this is many times users have RTs that allow them to do _nothing_ (i.e. all numbers are illegal) and admins/help desk folks make changes for them. If the RT was checked at dial time, they would always fail...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: