Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Directory handler name search

I have a Unity 4.0.5 system and I have the directory handler set to search by last name then first name. When I do a directory search using the full last name and first name, the system cannot find the subscriber but when I use the last name only it finds the subscriber.

I poked around under Advanced settings and saw a registry setting for Dual Name Confirmation but not sure if this is it. (Conversation - Add dual name confirmation)Has anyone seen this or know if this is the fix?

6 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Directory handler name search

no, this is not the fix.

dualNameConfirmation is used to add the 'spoken' name as confirmation for a task such as forwarding a message.

(this is part of the conversation)

especially useful for the situations where forwarding to an ID rather than subscriber name.

Thanks for the input. So any idea why the last name and first name together does not work?

Bronze

Is it just 1 subscriber you can't dial by 1st and last name or any subscriber?

Try running the Subscriber Information Dump and make sure there isn't any spaces or anything in the name and that they have a recorded name...etc.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/APP_subr_info_dump_3x.htm

You can also look in the SQL database under the table GlobalSubscriber. Find your user and see what is populated in the DtmfNameLastFirst column. This field is what is used by the directory handler and corresponds to the numerical digits of all characters in the last name/first name.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

I checked this and it is accurate, the numerical digits match the number letters in the firstname\lastname field.

Any more ideas??

Cisco Employee

Can you tell us how the name is spelled? Is there a Q or Z involved? Could be a keypad mapping issue with Q/Z...

I'm not sure that makes sense, though... all it's doing is searching on the digits you entered against the DTMF spelled name columns you checked against already. That stuff isn't cached in memory so if the digits you entered match last/first name and the directory handler is configured for last/first, there's no logical reason why it wouldn't return a match provided the user is set to be listed in the directory and they have a recorded voice name.

Views
Helpful
Replies