Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Directory Handler question

I have a requirement to create an AA, which will prompt to press 1 to dial by extension and 2 to dial by name. I guess for the first option I can create a call handler that will have "Allow callers to dial an extension during greeting" checked, the problem I have is that my subscriber extensions are 7 digit extensions, but I need to allow for 4 digit dialing. Is there a way to accomplish this in Unity? I can do this with CRA script, but I'd prefer Unity not to tie up cti ports.

Chris

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Directory Handler question

Not quite sure what you mean here - Unity can handle mixed digit length extensions if that's what you're asking - no problem having both 4 and 7 digit extensions (overlapping or not).

If that's not what you're getting at, let us know...

Hall of Fame Super Silver

The actual subscriber extension is 7 digit, I want to be able to search based on the last 4 digits. The access to this directory handler will only be given to specific site callers where the first 3 digits are known site code. By dialing this number I know which pool of subscribers they want to select from, and I can create a seperate COS for them and in the directory handler allow to search only within this COS. Is there a way to somehow strip, ignore the first 3 digits?

Chris

Cisco Employee

No, there's no way to somehow automatically tack on a prefix to a dial string based on a called number or COS membership or the like - you can add alternate extensions for users that are 4 and 7 digits, but they have to be unique in the dialing domain so unless the last 4 digits of all the users on the box happen to be unique (I'm assuming that's not the case) then you can't do this from the auto attendant.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content