Event Source: VBRuntime

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1

Date: 4/20/2006

Time: 10:24:00 AM

User: N/A

Computer: CCMUNITY

Description:

The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application UnityDisasterRecoveryBACKUP: Thread ID: 7560 ,Logged: Automatic backup failed - could not write to destination path: G:\

I get this whether I use a mapped drive or UNC. I have specified in the mapped drive to use another account. I believe the problem is that the server we are backing up to is not in the UNITY domain. This is a Standalone Unity sever for voice mail only. does the server that we backup to have to be in the same domain? It seems like that would be the only was you can be able to access a drive with an account on the unity server.

Please rate if this helps.
4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first thing to understand is that error is being kicked back to me from Windows - DiRT has zero control over this and cannot somehow overcome this.

The next thing to try is making sure you can do a backup to a local drive - you didn't indicate if you'd try that but I assume it does. Can you confirm?

Then I need to know what version of DiRT and what version of Unity you're running.

Then you can try the "Two hop" backup method which was added for situations where the service running your SQL services is not able to write to the remote drive location (more often than not this is the pinch point). This option does the backup locally, then copies it remotely then removes the files on the local box. As long as the account running DiRt has write access to the remote location this should always work (i.e. the account associated with SQL does not come into play here).

Yes, we can do a backup to a local drive.

DiRT version is 1.0 build 122

Unity is 4.04 SR1

Two hop method gives the same results.

I think the problem is with the account running DiRT. Currently that is Unityinstall. However, Unityinstall does not have access to the remote location. Since this is a stanalone Unity the remote server is not in the same domain. Therefore there is no local account that has access rights to that share. Is this the problem. I have received word that this was working before.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks

Not sure what you're hoping to hear from me... if the account doesn't have rights to the remote location, it doesn't have rights. If you are logged into the box as UnityInstall presumably copies to that share fail, too, right?

I don't know what else to suggest to you...

No I can copy files to that share because I can login using an account local to that server. What I need to know is if the remote has to be in the same domain. If not then what am I doing wrong?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: