cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT configuration question

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

When configuring DIRT on Unity 4.05, exchange off-box, I scheduled a regular backup with a svc account which had full access to the SQL Dbs, and chose not to backup the messages. I accidentally checked the "include subscriber messages" and before I could un-check it, Unity started displaying messages (see below) and the only way I could stop the looping of the messages was to end task. Now when I try to open the DIRT backup tool, I get these messages and cant get in there to uncheck the "backup messages". The tool is configured to run with an account that has SQL access but not message store access.

How can I fix this so I can get into the Unity DIRT tool and get the backup working again?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yeah, I need to change the behavior there to kick the error message, write the event log and then uncheck the option automatically - just haven't gotten around to it.

You can remove the option manually in the registry - go to HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DisasterRecovery\Settings\. You'll see "IncludeMessages" as a DWORD option - set it to 0. The next time you open DiRT backup it wont try to assume you're backing up messages.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

maratimer_2
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, forgot to post attachment.

Yeah, I need to change the behavior there to kick the error message, write the event log and then uncheck the option automatically - just haven't gotten around to it.

You can remove the option manually in the registry - go to HKLM\Software\Active Voice\DisasterRecovery\Settings\. You'll see "IncludeMessages" as a DWORD option - set it to 0. The next time you open DiRT backup it wont try to assume you're backing up messages.

Thanks very much, this did the trick. I had looked in the registry first before posting but wanted to verify with you before making any changes I wasnt sure about. Appreciate your feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: