Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT Disk Space Calculations

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could assist me in calculating the disk space required for "standard" unity subscribers?

Assuming the message-store itself is not backed up, and assuming the users are using "standard" greetings, how much disk space would I need for a 100, 200, 500 subscriber system?

I've checked out UnityTools but cannot find any pointers in the doc. Any help is very much appreciated.

Cheers, Stu

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

To calculate the greetings and voice name space just look at the \commserver\Stream files\ folder - this entire folder is included in the backup.

The database size is a little trickier to guess - it's not a straight linear formula based on the number of users.

Thanks Jeff,

Are you able to give me any real world examples or is it pretty-much random? I'm interested to know exactly what the size is based on or, at least, any recommendations you might have.

I don't think I've ever seen a Unity design with this included and all too often I've seen problems arise because of it.

Your help, as always, is very much appreciated (and needed!)

Cheers, Stu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: