cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT Errors

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(5), DIRT v1.0.121. I jsut ran DIRT and got some errors. 6 mailboxes did not get backed up properly. I looked at the logs but cannot determine why. These are new or test accounts and the end user has not gone thru ennrollment. I have inlcuded the ExMerge-(THread1)LOG, see attached. Please advise if this is an issue. Thanks!

6 Replies 6

amit.pandit
Level 1
Level 1

Try to run DBwalker and then use DiRT.. I hope this is gonna help...

~Amit

dbWalker wont have any bearing on those errors - dbWalker checks for issues with the UnityDB database tables used by Unity for directory purposes - those errors are being returned by Microsoft's ExMerge program when attemptin to extract messages from mailboxes to create PST files.

You can take DiRt (and Unity) out of the picture here by using ExMerge stand alone and trying to backup these mailboxes - you can do the same thing using Outlook, actually, but you don't want to install Outlook on the Unity server.

My guess is you don't have rights necessary on the account you're logged in as running DiRt - if you aren't already, try logging in as the same account that's assigned to the AvCsMgr service and run ExMerge (or DiRT backup - which just launches ExMerge for you) and see what you get.

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open Active Directory Users and Computers Find 'Munoz, Jorge'. Right-click on the name and select Properties

Select the Exchange Advanced tab and confirm that Hide from Exchange Address list is checked. If it is, that is one problem. Uncheck it and try another DiRT backup. That name should not show up on the exmerge log.

Thanks for the replies all. I should add this is a VM only with exchange off box setup.

I think I know why I got the errors. These account do not have valid extensions. They are test acounts for a front end login page we are developing for the pca web interface.

The lack of an extension wont have any bearing on this either - again, Unity cares about the extensions, ExMerge will not. All ExMerge does is log into the mailboxes and backup the messages to a .PST file. That's it. It does not know or care about Unity specific data in any way.

The errors are being thrown by ExMerge so the Unity specific information is not invovled here.

I suspect these guys don't have mailboxes constructed. That would result in the errors you're seeing. If you created users with a type of "1" in the DB that would explain this. All subscribers of type 1 or 3 are expected to have a mailbox. If you guys are getting funky creating your own accounts of PCA web interface access in Unity I'm guessing this may be your issue.

How do I determine what type a user is? We create users in the SA admin page (not modified).

All we are doing with the pca page is putting a front end page for user's to use on kerberos username and password, once they are verified who they say they are we sign them into pca. Trully should not effect the accounts.

I am going to delete and re-create the accounts.

Any other ideas? Thanks.