Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DIRT + FAILOVER

I am getting ready to test a dirt restore of 4.2 of a failover pair using new hardware. At the same time, we want to test an upgrade to 5.0. I see no reason to restore the secondary server and to just build that as a new 5.0 secondary and just restore the 4.2 server as a regular primary server with no failover, then just configure a new failover.

In the DIRT Notes is mentions it is better to perform a backup of the failover server because of the sql links. Am I understanding this correctly? Or will it be better to follow the procedures to configure the Primary as a server with no failover and then do a DIRT Backup of the PRmary in this scenario?

2 REPLIES

Re: DIRT + FAILOVER

Darin,

We are going from 4.0(4) to 5.0.1 at Corp and our plan is to preform a Dirt backup on the Primary. Take both servers offline. Spin W2k3 on the primary. Install 4.0(4) on the primary, upgrade to 5.0.1 on the primary. Build the secondary as a fresh 5.0.1 and run failover wizard.

Steve

Re: DIRT + FAILOVER

We plan on doing a dirt restore on the new w2k3 4.0(4) server from the backup before the upgrade to 5.0.1

I left that step out of my first reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies