Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

DiRT Migration and Renaming Accounts

Hello,

We want to migrate from our Voicemail Only standalone environment to a Voicemail Only Integrated environment. We talked about doing this during the initial install but complications came up and we went standalone now we want to utilize our current Exchange2003/AD environment. From what I read, I can use the DiRT tool to backup the data and do the migration.

Basically:

1. DiRT Backup

2. Rebuild Server and Reinstall Unity

3. DiRT Restore pointing towards production.

There might be a few other steps in there but I just wanted to hit the high level. Our problem becomes, we wanted to prep for the possibility of moving to Unified Messaging but we can’t at this time. With that thought in mind, we created every user account with the same alias as our production environment. From what I’ve understood this won’t work in a VMO mode. This means that we’d have to rename all the accounts. Am I correct on this? If that is true, is it possible to use the DiRT tool in the process to bypass renaming all the accounts. I want to get this as automated as possible. I noticed in the help video there was a database created with user accounts. Would it be possible to add something like VM to the front of each account and do that or am I simplifying things way too much?

I welcome any suggestions!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: DiRT Migration and Renaming Accounts

Check out the help file - there's an alias renaming file you can use. Normally this is used when going from a VM only install into a UM corporate setup to make sure the aliases match up, but in your case it can be used for the opposite (i.e. to make sure every user has a different and unique alias that creates a new mailbox). The details of the alias CSV file configuration can be found in the help file off DiRT's home page.

Re: DiRT Migration and Renaming Accounts

Thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content