cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DIRT restore (HELP)

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

We have currently outgrown our Unity infrastucture as so we are upgrading to a new system. The system includes 2 dc/gcs, 2 exchange boxes and 2 unity boxes. All are in the same domain and all are in the same site. The problem I keep having is synker errors when I go to do a dirt restore. I'm pretty sure it is a permissions problem with the account that I'm trying to use to restore with. The Unity system is 4.0(5), exchange is 200 and the ad servers are Windows server 2000. All are seperate boxes so it is six servers total. This is the error I get when trying to restore -2146758652 default -2147016694 (error) Synker failed Directory props to SQL: object not syched. any help is greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Almost certainly a permissions issue. There's no simple "do this" answer we can give you out here. What I say in the help always applies - when you setup your new 4.0(5) system, make sure you can add, import and update users, leave them messages and their lamp works ect... then do the restore.

DiRT's ability to synch to the directory has nothing at all to do with the account you are logged in when you run it. It uses Unity's SQLSyncSvr capability which uses the service accounts youc onfigured when you installed Unity. The account you are logged in as only has an effect on message restore (i.e. it runs ExMerge using the local credentials which needs send as/recieve as rights in the mailstore) - but that's not the problem you're having - you're not getting that far.

So start with a clean install of 4.0(5) and make sure you are able to import existing users, create new users and edit them before you pull the trigger on DiRT.