cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dirt Restore

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

After doing a DIRT restore to a server I get the following error message in the log file. Anyone any idea what it means. I am using the latest version of DIRT backing up messages and restoring to a different but identical buils server.

(error):3265 (Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing to worry about - it's looking for a branch in the registry that's not there in the version of Unity you're restoring onto - I need to just handle those errors with less alarming logging. Each version of Unity shuffles stuff around (or out of) the registry and the giant case statement handling these differences is sometimes not entirely complete.

Which version of Unity are you backing up/restoring here by the way?

Thanks for your help. Unity version is 4.04)SR1

DIRT backup is 1.0 build 122

DIRT restore is 1.1 build 18

ALso we moved the Exch and SQL databases from the C:\ drive to the F:\ drive along with the logs. WE now get this error:-

29/03/2006 09:34:39: (error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not locate entry in sysdatabases for database 'ReportDB'. No entry found with that name. Make sure that the name is entered correctly.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. number= 0

Is this important. This error only appeared after we moved the databases.

The location of the DB on the hard drive does not matter to DiRT (or Unity) - we're attaching to SQL and asking that it open a database named "ReportDB" (the reports database as opposed to UnityDB which is our directory information). If SQL comes back and says there is no DB with that info then something went awry with your DB move. The fact that it's on the F drive now is meaningless to a client attaching to the DB server... only the fact that the server says the DB no longer exists is relevant - that's a problem.

To be clear the ReportDB is not critical to backup... most folks don't bother. But the fact that you moved your DB and now SQL says this DB is no longer there is a bit on the troubling side. What happens when you run a report in Unity? Presumably it's gonig to crash and burn without the DB there...

Hi Jeff,

Just an update. The report DB hadnt reattched to SQL after moving it. Reattched it and now we get no DIRT errors.

One other thing I notice the customer was deleting subscribers then re adding them by importing from Exchange. THis gave incorrect *.pst files when backing up. Told them to delete all instances and then re create in Unity. Works fine then