Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable caller input of * (attempt sign in) from external calls

hindsc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have been getting some annoying Unity account lockouts by external people or tools scanning our number range and attempting login. They don't get anywhere but they do lock the accounts out which causes hassle.

My question is, what options are available to disable the default caller input of * to attempt sign in ? Can this be disabled when the call is external but retained for internal calls.

Unity 4.0.5 on Exchange 2000

Where are the settings for the caller inputs changed ?

many thanks

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

Caller input options are changed by going to Unity web admin -> Subscribers -> Caller Input. You can also change many subscribers at once using Bulk Edit from the Tools Depot. You can disable this key, but I don't believe there's any way to change this for external calls only.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Chris,

Caller input options are changed by going to Unity web admin -> Subscribers -> Caller Input. You can also change many subscribers at once using Bulk Edit from the Tools Depot. You can disable this key, but I don't believe there's any way to change this for external calls only.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chris -

If you disable the sign-in prompt, you will prevent subscribers from calling in from remote (home or cell) unless you code additional settings; i.e. you could define alternate extensions for your subscribers so that Unity recognized them by their home phone or cell. The sign-in prompt is included on the Unity Opening Greeting call handler. The Caller Input page is where you would disable the sign-in prompt. Select * and select Ignore. Another option would be to train your users to call their own phone number and let it roll to voicemail. Create a standard caller input key for each subscriber that takes them to the sign-in prompt when the key is pressed while listening to their greeting. Note: If you do modify the Opening Greeting, I'm unsure if the settings get returned to default over upgrades. You could also "copy" the Opening Greeting and modify it to meet your needs and use that instead of the "default" Opening Greeting.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: