cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Full Mailbox Warnings for Subscribers -Unity with Domino

fgianso75
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone knows if it's possible changing a registry key to make this possible also for Unity with Domino?

I need to disable all checks about the quote as the customer hasn't implemented any check for the notes clients and doesn't want it as well for the TUI.

Many Thanks for any help

Francesco

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Francesco -

You did not mention your Unity version. Here are the steps to check on your Unity server to see if the Full Mailbox Check has been enabled (it's off by default).

Step 1 On the Cisco Unity server desktop, double-click the Cisco Unity Tools Depot icon.

Step 2 In the left pane, under Administrative Tools, double-click Advanced Settings Tool.

Step 3 In the Unity Settings pane, click Conversation-Full Mailbox Check Feature.

Step 4 Check the value that is set. If the value is 1, the check is enabled. If the value is 0, the check is disabled. You want the value to be 0. To change the value from 1 to 0, in the New Value list, click 0, and then click Set.

Step 5 When prompted, click OK.

Step 6 In the Unity Settings pane, click Conversation-Full Mailbox Check Prompt.

Step 7 Check the value that is set. If the value is 1, the prompt is enabled. If the value is 0, the prompt is disabled. You want the value to be 0. To change the value from 1 to 0, in the New Value list, click 0, and then click Set.

Step 8 When prompted, click OK.

You do not need to restart Cisco Unity to enable the registry changes.

Step 9 Click Exit.

That should do it, but here's the link in case you want to review - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/administration/guide/dom/5xcusag080d.html#wp1051420

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Many Thanks for your answer.

The version is Unity 5 with Domino 7.0.3

The setup you suggest me is to manage the way Unity informs or not outside callers if the mailbox of an user is full.

From the documentation:

To enable Cisco Unity to check whether a subscriber mailbox is full when an outside caller tries to leave a message for the subscriber, you edit two registry keys:

•A key to allow you to specify that Cisco Unity will check whether a subscriber mailbox is full when an outside caller wants to leave a message.

•A key to allow you to enable or disable the prompt that informs callers that they cannot leave a message when the mailbox is full.

I need a different thing,some workaround to replicate a setting available in Exchange "Conversation - Disable Full Mailbox Warnings for Subscribers (Cisco Unity for Exchange Only)" that disables all checks to see if the subscriber send limit, receive limit, and send/receive warning have been exceeded and the associated warning prompts.

Pratically I need subscribers not to be aware of being overquote when they enter the TUI, I don't care so much of outside callers cause the default of leaving messages to subscribers with mailbox full is fine for me.

Many Thanks for any idea.

Francesco

Hi Ginger!

Is there is way in Notes and Unity to limit unity for voicemails for subscribers with Notes?

For example: 15 megs of voicemails when configured for Notes. I know with Exchange we can, but not sure with Notes