cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dissociate an end user with the primary device

Calin Lupas
Level 1
Level 1

I need to "Enable Mobily" for a new hire and I need to select his phone as the primary device. However, I run into this error: "Update failed. Device is already associated with another End User as Primary device"

Is there a way to dissociate the old end user with the primary device? As a last report solution, do you think that by deleting the phone off the CUCM, it will fix the issue when I add the phone back to CUCM?

Many thanks!

-Calin

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

This means that the physical phone is assigned to another user for Mobility. You could hunt down the other user or deleting/recreating the phone will do it as well.

Please rate useful posts.

Thank you George for your prompt response. :) 

How would you "hunt down the other user" in order to make sure the phone is not associated with that particular user. We have about 3000 phones.

I checked the phone settings under "Device" - "Phone" and there is no user under "Owner User ID". Although, I think that this field "Owner User ID" is not connected in any way  to Extension Mobility.

Thanks!

-Calin

Check the dependency record for your phone, I am not quite sure if it will show though (dont have a pre 9.x cluster in front of me). I would say deleting is your best bet. Good luck!

Please rate useful posts.