cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Distributing main phone line incl. forwarding to cellphones

Hello,

Setup:

4 family owned companies sharing a family ICT-platform.

1 Phone line with 16 channels with all mainland phone numbers sticked to it.

Cisco Unified Communications 9.1.2

Cisco Unity 9.1

Extension mobility for all users

Enhanced licences

Situation:

Basically the ICT-partner who is also a Cisco-Partner is very good on installing and support the ICT-platform and thus was granted the communications tender based on Cisco material. To my opinion they have limited knowledge of the technology. Thus I (the customer with Cisco material in house but limited support) would like to get support from you guys setting up the following structure:

I need to organise the following setup for on of the family companies. Mind you it's a company dealing with private customers in a competitive market. So easy acces of the customers to the company is a key-element. No one picks up the phone = customer dials the phone number of a competitor...

Problem:

xxx/xxx.x00 is the commercial (and only) mainland phone number of a small company. It needs to be distributed to 2 internal phones but due to the small company profile both users are often not at their desks. In that case they want to forward that mainland call to their respective 2 mobile phones.

The ideal setup is a hunt pilot which would, in case of a logged out user (extension mobility is active) is forwarding the call also to the mobile number linked to that user. But it seems forwarding a hunt call is impossible ???

I'm afraid of making a dialing chain because of the long waiting it implies... Customers tend not to keep the line ringing for 45 seconds...

What is possible ?

Thanks for you help !

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

But it seems forwarding a

But it seems forwarding a hunt call is impossible ???

Correct, all forwarding settings are bypassed

Simply configure SNR for those two users and you'll get what you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Cisco Employee

You configure absolutely

You configure absolutely nothing regarding call control features in CUCM via CLI, it's all GUI, refer to the features and services guide for your CUCM version for all the steps.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

But it seems forwarding a

But it seems forwarding a hunt call is impossible ???

Correct, all forwarding settings are bypassed

Simply configure SNR for those two users and you'll get what you need.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Hi, Thanks for this reply. I

Hi,

Thanks for this reply. I googled SNR and found a cisco support page to configure it but only though command lines. Is it the only way ?

I'm familiar with code and getting it implemented will be possible but seen the extensive Unified Communication webportal I'm surprised...

I'll give this a go tomorrow morning !

Cisco Employee

You configure absolutely

You configure absolutely nothing regarding call control features in CUCM via CLI, it's all GUI, refer to the features and services guide for your CUCM version for all the steps.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Community Member

Hello, The combination with

Hello,

The combination with extension mobility troubles me... Basically I have the following set-up without succes:

END USER: name.surname

Controlled Devices (Device Association): EMTPY due to Extension Mobility.

Extension mobility: Controlled profiles DP_name_surname = Default Profile

Directory Number Associations: 402

Mobility Information: both checkboxes checked and remote Destination Profiles RDP_name_surname

DEVICE PROFILE: DP_name.surname

Softkey template: 7821 incl. mobility softkey

Line: 402

DIRECTORY NUMBER CONFIGURATION: 402

Associated Devices: RDP_name_surname + DP_name_surname

Associated Remote Destinations: mob.user with destination number cellphone (no extra digits in front)

REMOTE DESTINATION PROFILE CONFIGURATION: RDP_name_surname

Device Pool: DP_company

Associated Remote Destinations: mob.user with destination number cellphone (no extra digits in front)

Line: 402

So far without succes ! I must say Google is lacking a good thread explaining SNR in case of activated extension mobility. :'(

First step in SNR is always the configuration of the PHONE but these are generic setups without users or personal lines added to them...

Already a big thanks for the tip! It's a shame that a cisco partner is unable to get me such a golden tip... Plus I called them this morning to set up SNR but they said it's impossible to combine SNR with ME according to them.

Cisco Employee

No, that's wrong, I would

No, that's wrong, I would recommend you getting comfortable with each feature separately, configure EM, and make sure it works fine, then pick a phone and go thru all the SNR config (don't mix EM yet), make sure it works fine, once you know the details of each, then you can mix the configs 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0110111.html

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content