Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNS server

hiii

i have one duets about CCM 5.1,Is there DNS server required For Corporate or personal Directory service???

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DNS has nothing to do with Directory. You do not need DNS for that. However you will need DNS for reliable CUPS operation if you ever decide to use it.

Keep in mind that if you did not select DNS option during the CM installation you will need to completely re-install CM in order to add it on :-(

For corporate directory services you can either use buildin CM database or integrate with LDAP server such as Active Directory.

HTH,

Chris

hii Chris

thank you. it's is very helpful me thanks

can you help me how to configure Corporate Directory??

As I said you need to determine if you want to use build in CM directory or integrate with AD, for built in directory all you need to do is add all users under User Management--> End Users and assign Telephone Number

For AD integration you need to enable DircSync service, and configure LDAP under System -->LDAP, to do this you need to know your Active Directory structure. For example assume you want to pull all users from the default Users container you would create the following Search Base:

CN=Users, DC=directory_name, DC=com

and point to the LDAP server.

The if you also want to authenticate against AD you will need to similary configure LDAP Authentication.

HTH,

Chris

hii Chris,

thank you it's littlebite undurstand.i am usig CCM 5.1 so is there any document to how atualy step by step we configure Corporate Directory in my ip phone.

Regards

jayesh

hii Chirs,

i will try as you say but i cant got from where we have to configure Search base:

CN=User,Dc=directory,Dc=Com????/ plz help me how to set by step cofigure Corporate Direcotry...

Let me ask you again, do you need to integrate with Active Directory? If not then the simplest way will be to configure all the users in CallManager and use native corproate directory, you will not have to do anything besides adding the users under user management --> End Users.

Chris