cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dns srv integration of cucm and im & presence details

carolina_56
Level 1
Level 1

have anyone configure cucm in High Availability (2 servers) and IM & presence (2 servers) in high availability through DNS SRV in the two sides, please explain me how and how do you configure dns srv on dns and the sip trunk on cucm and presence gateway on im & presence.

thanks

Carolina Morales

6 Replies 6

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I would look at this document by Bill: http://www.netcraftsmen.net/blogs/entry/using-dns-srv-records-for-cisco-cucm-and-cups.html

Basically you will need two subdomains

eg: presence.domain.com and callmanager.domain.com and you will need to configure the SRV records in each of the subdomains as illustrated. 

Please rate useful posts.

thanks George, I've read the document, but I still have few questions.

- IM & Presence 9.1 on Presence Gateway configuration doesnt accept name as srv. Ex: _sip._udp.hq-cucm.netcraftsmen.net. so what to do there?

- what to write on cucm cluster name on service parameter? srv. fqdm of the cluster?

- what to write on service parameter on IM & Presence of srv cluster name?

I think that the document is missing some information to get it working.

thanks

Carolina Morales

Dear George,

While creating an SRV in In Windows i dont get any option of specifying a cluster name

" hq-cups.netcraftsmen.net: the 'cluster' name"  in the link from where did he got,, i have checked in infoblox and also in windows servers.

thanks

Hello,

Looks at this wonderful document: https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12219631/cucm-sip-trunk-im-presence-server-using-srv

Thanks!

Please rate useful posts.

It's refeshing that the blog posts says that the docs are bare on this subject. I thought I was missing some part of the documentation. Maybe one for the PM/documentation team to pick up on.

Thanks for the link.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Where in the CUCM docs are these SRV records detailed? I can only find mention that you can use SRV records.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: