cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do I need a 7816 server and Unified Presence installed to run CUPC?

We shall be runninig CMBE with about 50 phones (MCS7828 comes with 50 user seats) I don't know if I need aditional licences for either CUPC's (can I run them without presence? and/or another server?) and softphones?

THANKS!

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The answer from a software licensing perspective depends on the licening model you are on. If Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL), then you already have license entitlement to CUP under the Business Edition of that licence program. If you are on a DLU or UCL-based license program, CUP is seperately licensed.

You will need s seperate MCS server.

Softphones again depend on your license schema. If UWL, each user is entitled to one softphone. DLU and UCL each charge for softphone usage seperately.

Perfect!, eye opening answer!! thanks!!

So, in the simple way of doing things, if 10 of the 50 users will need this feature I will need say a MCS7816 server (MCS-7816-I4-IPC1), 10 UWL licenses (I can't find the correct UWL licensing part numbers anywhere!)  and the rest can run un DLU based licenses? should I need a separate license for the server tu run presence? (SW-CUP8.0-k9)

Thanks again!!

No. You're either under a DLU or a UCL/UWL schema, not both. If DLU, you will need to order the CUP server and user licensing.

Work with your Cisco partner on this. They have ordering guides and knowledge of how this works.

PS- I never order the 7816 servers; they have a single SATA drive (no RAID). It's too high a failure risk IMO.

Allright Jonathan! thanks for your help and suggestions, I'll try the 7825 better and ask about the UWL schema..

Thanks again!

To follow on Jonathan's comments above, I (or my NetCraftsmen colleagues who contribute frequently here) would never recommend a 7815/7816 for production use.  At a minimum, you should use a 7825.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: