cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does not recognize as a valid entry

thomuff
Level 3
Level 3

We have a call handler that gives you the ability to dial a subscriber by extension. You can dial subscriber on the local Unity Server with no problem but when you try to dial subscriber on another Unity Server, you receive error meassage that Unity does not recognize that as a valid entry. Forwarding voicemail is working fine across Unity servers.

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Do you have more than one Unity server in one location? Is that what you are talking about? Or are you wanting to dial an ext across locations?

rlp

I have two Unity Servers in two locations.

Do you have an networking setup? as in VPIM, AMIS, Unity Bridge.................?

rlp

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a look at the Setting Search Scopes chapter of the Unity Networking guide...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080449a44.html#wp1359995

I think the default setting is to only search within local subscribers. The link above explains how to configure the search scope to include all subscribers in the dialing domain.

-Eric

The default directory handler is working fine. It is the automated attendant that is not working. I went through the Setting Search Scopes guide and everything on my Unity Servers are checked for dialing domain. Both servers are in the same dialing domain.

So you want both Unity servers to look like they are in the same location by using the same dialing domain?

How are you seeing that they are in the same dialing domain? I have seen strange things with this.

The best tool to use to check this is Global Subscriber Manager (GSM) Look on the left pane.

You should see both servers in the same dialing domain. Look for other issues with networking in this tool also.

I think Eric is on the right track with the dialing domain search scope. Check on both servers and on all call handlers and global networking settings. You will see it in the networking sections.

Yes, you are correct. We want both Unity server to look they are in the same loaction using the same dialing domain. I will have to check it out the rest and followup

Thank you all for your replies so far. I will definitely let you know the answer.

We have resolved this issue by moving the subscriber to the local Unity server. and we were able to fix original issue which was he could not change his password from his phone. We found that we had two users with duplicate alias. We changed the other user to a different exchange alias. This is a result of upgrading from 5.5 to 2003

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: