Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

does the default unity admin use a user license ?

Hi, when I look at the licence count of my unity (UM with exchange) I see that I have 35 UM license used. When I see at the number of configured subscriber I count 37 (2 directory handle + 34 users + 1 default unity admin).

My question, is it normal that the default unity admin (ext 9999) use one user license ?

Can I setup on the same unity server a set of UM mail box and another set of non-UM mailbox ?

Thanks !

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: does the default unity admin use a user license ?

If the account is an Unity subscriber, it will use a license. If you want to remove the Example Adminstrator, what you have to do is at least place a Subscriber into the

Default Administrator Class of Service.

see the details in the following doc:

Removing the Example Administrator Account in Cisco Unity 3.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800e25f2.shtml

Re: does the default unity admin use a user license ?

Hi -

To answer your question about the UM versus non-UM licensing on the same server - no. Your server is licensed for unified messaging, not voicemail only. However, you can simulate a voicemail only subscriber by:

- Create a class of service that does not give access to text to speech. You can optionally disable Unity inbox or Unity Assistant also.

- Create a user account that is separate from the current user's email account. We create a vm-xxxxx name for example and email enable the account.

- Import the account into Unity.

- Hide the account from the directory (GAL).

- User only accesses vm from the phone interface and does not see the vm in Outlook.

- Apply the COS you created to the new user.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies