cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Domain name filed is empty when I run the unity permission wizard

elvinliang
Level 1
Level 1

I installed Domain Controller on a Win2000Advance server with Exchange 2000, I try to install Unity on another Win2000 Advance server with SQL 2000, but when I run the Unity permission wizard, the Domain name filed for create new users an groups is empty, I was unable to choose the domain, I installed everything step by step, anybody know what is the problem? thx

4 Replies 4

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you logged on to the unity server as a domain admin? Are there any netlogon errors in the windows system event logs>

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please read the requirements for the account that runs PW. Running Permissions Wizard When Subscribers Are Homed in Exchange 2003 and/or Exchange 2000 http://www.ciscounitytools.com/HelpFiles/PW403+/PWHelp_ENU.htm#_Using_Permissions_Wizard_1

Hi -

I would also check to make sure the Domain Controller is also a Global Catalog server. We have previously encountered problems when running the Permissions Wizard if the DC was also not a GC.

Ginger

Thanks gkavan and hinho, I check everything again and found the problem is the DNS. I pointed all these two servers to another DNS server. :) So it can not find the Domain. I changed it back to DC, now is ok.