cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Downloading CUE 8.6 - Additional Service Contract Required?

NicP270591
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am preparing to make the move to ISR G2, and was looking around on the Cisco download site before I buy any hardware. I noticed I could download the WLC application for ISM 300 or SM 700/900 without requiring additional entitlement, but this was not the case for CUE 8.6. It tells me I need additional authorization to download. 

My question is - what do I need? If I purchase a new or used blank SRE-700, do I need to just purchase a Smartnet contract for it to be entitled to the full download files of CUE 8.6, or something else? I know how the Mailbox, IVR and Port licenses work, and how to register the PAK's and install licenses for those, but what about the initial software - the full version of CUE 8.6 for the blank SRE?

Thanks,

Nic.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nic,

When you order Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Express software and the purchased license are installed on the module at the factory. Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed.

Please check the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel8_5/install/install85/installsre.html#wp1121739

In most cases, Cisco Unity Express is pre-installed on the SRE modules when shipped from the factory.

HTH

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: