Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Message Fisher Application

bmcghee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I'm trying to restore a Unity Connection server with a corrupted database (java/SQL Errors) . I was able to get a server online using a last known good backup from a few weeks back but am now trying to recover the voicemails via the DRS Message Fisher Application. The issue I'm having is I pull the voicemails from a recent backup (of the corrupted server) and the timestamps of those voicemails are correct however when I import them onto the rebuilt server the timestamps are set to five hours behind (-5) which happens to be the timezone EST -5 the server's are in. Anyway to manipulate the timestamps of those voicemails?

Thank you...

Because the DB is corrupted COBRAS fails and a restore isn't possible...

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, the time stamps in the DRS backup _should_ be in UDT (or GMT) not the local time of the server - DRS message fisher just tosses them over as is without changing the timestamp (which is how it should work - most message store backup systems I've seen use universal time) - it does not filter to see if the time is giving in a particular zone and then "Translate" to the target zone as appropriate or the like - it really shouldn't have to.

Since the DRS guys yanked support for open backups in 8.0 I really haven't spent any time with the Fisher application at this point - too many other items to look at I'm afraid.

Thanks Jeff!

A couple hopefully quick questions for you, is there a tool that will change the timestamps of vociemails or a way to do that within Unity Connection?  Also is it possible to use COBRAS for this and possibally get the correct timestamps?  The major caveat there is the DB we're exporting is corrupted and fails during the import.  Thanks for your help!!!

Thanks Jeff!

A couple hopefully quick questions for you, is there a tool that will change the timestamps of vociemails or a way to do that within Unity Connection?  Also is it possible to use COBRAS for this and possibally get the correct timestamps?  The major caveat there is the DB we're exporting is corrupted and fails during the import.  Thanks for your help!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: