Views
Helpful
Replies

DST Change Workaround on Unity and Call Manager

mzsaad123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 CCMs v4.1(3)es24, and 1 Unity 4.0 Build 4.0 (2).

Instead of installing the DST patches made available by Cisco, we are going the workaround path - by changing time manually on the CCM and Unity.

I know time on publishers should be changed before time on subscribers machines are changed, but I m unsure where Unity fits in.

Do I have to change time manually on Unity after changes on CCMs are done or should it be done prior to changing time in CCMs.

I did searched on cisco.com but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mirza,

As there is little or no correlation between the two system clocks in Unity and CCM, I think you could do these changes in either order. If it were me, I would do the Unity workaround first as the need for the correct time is probably more important in VM Time Stamps etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mirza,

As there is little or no correlation between the two system clocks in Unity and CCM, I think you could do these changes in either order. If it were me, I would do the Unity workaround first as the need for the correct time is probably more important in VM Time Stamps etc.

Hope this helps!

Rob

I was reading this forum as well. Can the workaround as far as manually changing the time work for Unity servers that are running

4.0(4)

Another query that I have regarding DST workaround is that on a running Publisher, SQL is running and other services. Also antiviruses are installed, do I need to disbale anything like that before I do the manual time change. Likewise on Unity.

I tried to look this up without much success on cisco.com.

Thanks.

Hi Mirza,

I'm not sure about Unity (haven't tried) but on CCM you shouldn't need to stop any services or disable Antivirus;

CCM OS Manual Workaround 3.x and 4.x

On the new US DST date, Logon with sufficient privileges to CCM Windows Server (starting with Publisher)

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Date and Time

Adjust the time accordingly

Click on TimeZone tab

Uncheck the Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes

Click Apply or Ok

Repeat steps for all servers in the cluster.

When DST ends in the Fall, the clock would have to be manually adjusted again using the same method described in steps 1-3 and 6-7 above. Please note, however, that manually adjusting the clock on CCM servers could result in a conflict in time which may produce time synchronization issues.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_field_notice09186a00807e02b1.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the reply Rob.

Yes your reply helped. However I am unable to find simiar page for Unity. Here is what I found:

Workaround:

If the patches to Windows and Unity are not applied, time may be adjusted manually through the Windows Operating System.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_field_notice09186a00807dcf40.shtml

No information from Cisco means it won't affect. And I donot need to disable services and stuff.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: