Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF not working between 2 CUCM SIP Trunks

mohammad_omran
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

We have configured 2 SIP trunks on 2 CUCM servers , all calls are working fine except the DTMF ?? any ideas what can enable the DTMF between the SIP Trunks??

Inter-Cluster Trunk (Non-Gatekeeper Controlled) On Both Sides and the Codec is G.711u

Best Regards

13 Replies 13

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Enable MTP on the trunk & it will work.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on the stars below !!

Thanks for your reply , but i tried to enable MTP and didn't solve the case !! any ideas??

Could you explain the call flow & on which trunk the MTP was enabled ?

GP.

trying to call from first CUCM to the second CUCM

I tried to enable the MTP on the first one only ( where the call is orginated) didn't work

I tried to enable the MTP on the second one only ( where the call is terminated) didn't work

also on both didn't work !!

Please advise

So it appears that the call is between 2 CUCM Clusters connected with Non-GK Controlled ICT ( as mentioned in your intial post ). Where are these SIP trunks connecting to then ?

GP.

Both CUCM are publishers ( one only for employees and one for call Cener) ,each one has registered phones and we can call phones directly without problems , the only problem is when dialling the IVR hunt pilot which connected and gave us the welcome greetings but we can't select any options .

Ok, so as I understand following is the issue description.

There are 2 sites A & B. A has CUCM cluster for IPT users & Site B has CUCM Cluster for Contact Center users. These 2 clusters are connected using Non-GK controlled ICT.

Site A users when call Site B IVR, they hear the greeting but DTMF is not recognized hence they are unable to choose between options. Correct ?

1. What are the CUCM, IP IVR or UCCX/UCCE versions ?

2. Are the site B users able to choose options without any issues ?

3. When you said IVR, is it IPIVR/UCCX/CVP, Unity Connection, Unity, CUE or BACD on gateway ?

Please, always give full details of your setup & then ask the query, as it helps you only to get a quick & precise answers.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Please Find my answers below :

Site A users when call Site B IVR, they hear the greeting but DTMF is not recognized hence they are unable to choose between options. Correct ? Correct

1. What are the CUCM, IP IVR or UCCX/UCCE versions ? CUCM for User 7.1.5.30000-1 , and for Call Center 8.0.3.20000-2 ,

2. Are the site B users able to choose options without any issues ?Yes

3. When you said IVR, is it IPIVR/UCCX/CVP, Unity Connection, Unity, CUE or BACD on gateway ?Media Server (CTIWEB)

also, please note that i have remote branc connected to the user Call manager and they can select IVR options ???

B.R

So looks like the Site A MTP resources are not enough ( falling short ) . What type of MTP resources are used at site A i.e. software or hardware ?

Are the MTP resources added properly in MRGL for the users who are accessing the IVR ? You might want to compare the site A user config with remote site user's config to see if you missed anything on MRGL part.

GP.

I am using software MTP , and the resource are available to the user , ( MTP is listed on the MRGL , and MRGL used by users ).

If it's Software MTP & the MRGL is properly configured with user device pools, then try restarting " Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App " service on Site A CUCM Pub to see if it helps. After the service restart, try enabling MTP again, if it's disabled presently.

GP.

Pls rate helpful posts by clicking on stars below the post !!

Same

as i mentioned before , we have remote branch connected to CUCM "A" and calls from that branch coming from PSTN can reach the IVR and DTMF worksfin with it . is there anything else that i can try??

Hi Mohammad,

I am having a similar problem. Did you get this issue resolved ? Can you help by providing your solution ? Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: