cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF on transfered call from unity

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

I am transfering out of unity connection 8.6 to a 1-800 number and the dtmf digits are getting messed up. It works fine if the call originates from the internal cucm system such as internal phone. However when a call comes from the outside PRI and goes to unity this is when the digits get messed up. Unity is transfering this to the 1-800 number. Anyone seen this before? I am using cucm 8.6, and unity connection 8.6 going to a 2911 router using mgcp.

2 Replies 2

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Phil,

What do you mean by "messed up"?  What type of integration is UC and CUCM configured for?  SCCP, SIP?  Have you confirmed that the digits are leaving UC as you would expect?  I would download the remote port monitor from ciscounitytools.com and watch the transfer leave UC to make sure the digits are correct.  Also, set the Call Control Macro traces in Connection Serviceability and repro the problem and collect "Connection Conversation Manager" traces from RTMT, which will show you what UC is dialing during the transfer.  That'll hopefully help you try to narrow down where in the process it may be breaking down.

Brad

Thanks for the info Brad. When I said "messed up" that meant that digits were getting doubled. For instance when I entered 1234 the system thought I entered 11223344. In some cases all digits were not doubled such as 112344. The solution to this was to apply the mgcp command:

mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band

This has resolved my issue. Thanks for the tips above though.

Phil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: