cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual integration PIMG and Call Manager Transfer question

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not swung my main number over to the CallManager side yet. My main is number is hitting the PIMG ports and Unity answers fine, plays the correct Call Handler. When I have DTMF input for incoming callers to transfer calls, Unity sends the call back where it came from, the PIMG. Can I have it do "Please wait while I transfer your call" but out the TSP ports instead of the PIMG ports?

Thanks!

Unity 4.2.1

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Unity ports, both PIMG and TSP, are simply acting as independent phone devices. Unity will not bridge calls between any two of these. All transfers are performed within the bounds of the single line phone that the port is emulating. Typically this means a transfer is done by...

- hit the transfer softkey to put the caller on hold and get a second call appearance

- dial the digits for the transfer target

- wait for ringback, or connect, or call screening (depending on what kind of transfer you're doing)

- hit the transfer key again to release the transfer and free up the port.

So for Unity to transfer a call from one of the PIMG ports to a CallManager phone, it'd need to do it the same way any other phone on your PBX does it. Presumably, this means the transfer will get routed across some trunk/gateway between the PBX and CCM.

Hope this helps,

Eric

The transfers works from the TSP ports and Call Handlers between the CallManager and the PBX (there is a tie line between the two systems) But if have a call on the PIMG and call handler trying to do a tranfer from the PIMG, it fails.

If a call comes in on the CCM TSP ports to Unity, and a caller dials a DN which is destined for the legacy PBX and it works, that is because CCM must have route patterns setup to route these calls across your tie lines. So for this to work the other way, the legacy PBX will also have to have route patterns setup to route calls destined to the CCM DN's across the tie lines as well.