Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Eadmin account gone from SA

I didnt think it was possible to delete this account in the Unity SA but I have now seen it happen twice. Both times it was reported that the Unityadmins were all getting access denied when trying to access the SA and it was determined that even though the Example Administrator_servername account was still alive and well in AD, the Eadmin account in Unity was gone. Re-importing the Eadmin account into unity, and then completing a DBwalker to determine what CHs were owned by Eadmin so we could reassociate them with BulkEdit solved the problem but it took a while to determine the issue and then resolve. Has anyone ever seen or heard of this? I am at a loss as to how this is happening and it is clearly starting to worry me as we have over a dozen unity servers here which I am worried may repeat this behavior. Are there any particular logs I can focus on to help determine what's going on? I will open a TAC case but wanted to also post this here as customer wants to know WHO deleted the Eadmin account from Unity SA (and it was not the Admin folks). Thanks.

3 REPLIES

Re: Eadmin account gone from SA

Hi -

The default reporting period for Unity is to keep the information available for 7 days. You can run the Administrative Access Activity report to track which system administrators changed values in Unity during a specified period and the changes they made. You can generate this report for all administrators or I remember right, for a single admin in 4.2(1).

Ginger

Thanks Ginger for your response. I had already run the report and it does not show any deletion of the Eadmin account by any admins. It stops recording these activities shortly before the incident was reported, perhaps related to the fact that it was the Eadmin account which was deleted.

I am still wondering how it got removed from the system, all user admins swear (:>)) that they changed nothing, and they do not have access to the SQL db to do anything of the like. I thought that this account COULD NOT be deleted through the SA - the red check box is not enabled on this account - so how can it be deleted. Any thoughts? As I said this is now the second server I have seen this happen on, so am concerned it is going to happen again. Opening a TAC case this AM. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Hi -

Although the EAdmin account cannot be deleted from the Unity SA, it can be deleted from the ADUC console or even from Bulk Delete utility in Unity tools.

Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies