Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy one.........

Jayd000007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I want a Customer who calls a specific number to be directly forwaded to Unity and then get a greeting which tell him

" our service is no longer available under this number, please dial the new number...etc", they dont leave a message.

Problem i have: i already have this greeting as *.wav file, where can i upload this Greeting? reading through Unity admin docs, it s just possible to record a greeting not to upload it. so how can i achieve uploading this greeting.

Unity 4.0

Thanks to anyone for any input!

JayD

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go ahead and record a temporary greeting for the mailbox. Then, go to the c:\CommServer\Stream Files directory on your Unity server. You will see .wav files there for recorded names and greetings. Find the file that corresponds to the mailbox. It should be similar to ch_subscribername_Standard_MrGreeting_10f55067.wav. Move this file from the Stream Files directory. Rename your recorded greeting to this exact file name and place it in the Stream Files directory.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Really good Idea. If you are using any IVRs in your Company you should let them do the job for u, you ll not need to use Unity for this.

Karzazi.

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jay -

In addition to what Brandon provided, you can use the Media Master control form (ActiveX program) in the Unity SA to copy to AND paste from wav files you have recorded. This is how we upload greetings we have recorded. On the very left of the Media Master control, you will see a black down arrow. Once you have a greeting recorded (by pressing the Record button), press the black down arrow and select Copy to. We usually put these wav files, for specific call handlers, into a network accessible drive. Using the same black down arrow, you can select Paste from into a call handler or subscriber's specific greeting. Thereby accomplishing an upload.

Regards, Ginger

thank you all,

i will try it and get back to you.

JayD

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: