Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

edit message

I have a cluster that when a voicemail is being left the intial option to "hang up or hold for more options when finished"plays as normal. The "more options" menu (to edit,delete or send message) does not return once the caller stops speaking. Any help would be appreciated - Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: edit message

So what does happen when they stop speaking? Just dead air forever and ever? Or does it terminate but not offer the after recording editing? If you press "#" to terminate the recording instead of stopping speaking, do you then hear the menu?

Unity version? Codec being used for recording?

If you're using G729a then this is expected - G729a compresses silence out of the stream and we cannot determine when someone stops speaking - they have to terminate recordings with either a hangup or a touchtone event.

Re: edit message

I get silence until I get the end of message notification then I get the more options menu. I also get the menu when I use the # key. The Unity version is 4.0(5) and the codec is G.711.

Views
Helpful
Replies