Views
Helpful
Replies

Email subject modification from Unity Subscriber

danbaker68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When a user gets an email from a Unity subscriber the subject says "From User Name". My customer would like to add the extension to the subject. How do I go about modifying this attribute?

Unified Messaging

Unity 4.0(5)

Exchange 2003

Thanks, Dan

8 Replies 8

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dan -

In ViewMail 4.0(5), your users can post edit the Subject information and save it. Once you go to Unity 4.2(1), on the server itself, you have the option to customize specific variables and add them to the Subject line of voice messages. Unity does not modify email messages, which have a different Exchange message class.

Ginger

Thanks for the reply Ginger....

Just as a follow up - Unity 4.2(1) and later includes the option to edit subject line construction system wide for all languages - so you can change the default subject lines created for sub to sub messages vs. outside caller messages etc...

just soz ya know.

Hi, can you point me in the direction where that change is made to alter the subject line?

It's a series of values in the Advanced Settings Tool - they all start with "Administration - subject line customization...". There should be 4 of them (sub to sub messages, unknown caller message, live record and messages from interview handlers).

thanks

Is there anyway way (Cisco supported or otherwise) to change the Subject for Unity messages before version 4.2(1)?

Thanks!

I'm running 4.0(5) but am unable to find these "Administratio - subject line customization" entries in the Unity Advanced Settings tool. See screen shot