cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emails and TTS

dvanzee
Level 2
Level 2

I'm trying to get our email to be read over the phone via TTS. I'm receiving this error right before it's supose to read the email " That e-mail cannot be played at this time. "

When I look in app log I'm seeing this error. The problem is, I can't find any information on cisco's website about this error ID. Any help would be great. FYI this is a new setup, this has never worked.

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Miu

Event Category: Init

Event ID: 581

Date: 4/6/2006

Time: 8:54:19 AM

User: N/A

Computer: IPT-UNITY

Description:

Component Miu: Failed to load Text To Speech Component. The Text To Speech feature will be disabled.

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Here are a list of things to check:

1. Is the Unity server service AvTtsSvr running?

2. Did you check the box "Enable TTS" when you ran the Unity installation wizard?

3. Your users are in a class of service that has the TTS feature enabled.

4. Your Unity license includes one or more TTS sessions.

Sincerely,

Ginger

1. Is the Unity server service AvTtsSvr running? YES

2. Did you check the box "Enable TTS" when you ran the Unity installation wizard? I DON"T KNOW WHERE THIS IS

3. Your users are in a class of service that has the TTS feature enabled. YES (I enabled this)

4. Your Unity license includes one or more TTS sessions WE HAVE 2

Is there anything special for setting up TTS? DOC? Or is it just configured automatically when you install unity?

Also we've had this unity install for about 2 yrs now.

Hi -

The error message you are getting "That e-mail cannot be played at this time" is typically heard when all available TTS sessions are in use. You indicated you've had the Unity server installed for two years. So are you just now wanting to set up TTS or has TTS never worked? Here is a doc you can reference for adding TTS, which is considered a language - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_upgrade_guides_chapter09186a0080205a7d.html

Look for the section titled "Running the Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant to Add Languages".

Ginger