cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End-User access to Zero-out Destination in Unity Connection 8.6?

tbergquist
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

I am pretty sure the answer is no, but wanted to verify with all of you....

Is there any way in Unity Connection 8.6+  to allow end-users access to update their own zero-out destinations, either via the TUI or via CiscoPCA?

The customer PBX and Voicemail we just replaced, used to allow access to this by the end user.

If not available now, has anyone heard of this feature coming in 9.x+?

Thank you all for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Once the user has been setup "once" with a Dial 0 (or any other key) via Caller Input they can

actually edit the numbers going forward. So if you build the Dial Zero they can control where it goes

from then on

Specifying keys that transfer to alternate contact numbers for a user, and optionally specifying the alternate contact numbers. (When an administrator configures a key to transfer to an alternate contact number, the user can edit the alternate contact number for the key by using the Connection personal settings conversation.)

http://www.aboutcisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag120.html#wp1052130

About Alternate Contact Numbers

Alternate contact numbers allow you to offer callers the option to transfer to other numbers by pressing a key as they listen to your greeting. An alternate contact number can be the extension for an operator or for another user (such as a supervisor or coworker), or any other number where you or another person can be reached.

Your Cisco Unity Connection administrator determines which keys callers can press to transfer to alternate contact numbers; you may be able to specify up to 12 alternate contact numbers (one for each key on the phone keypad).
Changing Your Alternate Contact Numbers

To specify an alternate contact number outside your organization, begin with any access code needed to make an external call (for example, 9). For long-distance numbers, include the applicable dialing codes (for example, 1 and the area code).

Tip When you specify an alternate contact number, you may want to update your greetings to include the information (for example: "I am away from my desk right now. Leave a message at the tone, or press 4 to transfer to another sales representative.").

This section contains two procedures. Do the applicable procedure, depending on whether you are using the phone keypad or voice commands.

To Specify an Alternate Contact Number by Using the Phone Keypad

Step 1 Call and log on to Connection.

Step 2 At the Main menu, choose the options Setup Options > Alternate Contact Numbers.

Note Connection plays the prompt to configure alternate contact numbers only when one or more keys are configured to transfer to an alternate contact number.

Step 3 Follow the prompts to specify one or more alternate contact numbers. The prompts tell you which keys can be used to transfer to alternate contact numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone160.html

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Once the user has been setup "once" with a Dial 0 (or any other key) via Caller Input they can

actually edit the numbers going forward. So if you build the Dial Zero they can control where it goes

from then on

Specifying keys that transfer to alternate contact numbers for a user, and optionally specifying the alternate contact numbers. (When an administrator configures a key to transfer to an alternate contact number, the user can edit the alternate contact number for the key by using the Connection personal settings conversation.)

http://www.aboutcisco.biz/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag120.html#wp1052130

About Alternate Contact Numbers

Alternate contact numbers allow you to offer callers the option to transfer to other numbers by pressing a key as they listen to your greeting. An alternate contact number can be the extension for an operator or for another user (such as a supervisor or coworker), or any other number where you or another person can be reached.

Your Cisco Unity Connection administrator determines which keys callers can press to transfer to alternate contact numbers; you may be able to specify up to 12 alternate contact numbers (one for each key on the phone keypad).
Changing Your Alternate Contact Numbers

To specify an alternate contact number outside your organization, begin with any access code needed to make an external call (for example, 9). For long-distance numbers, include the applicable dialing codes (for example, 1 and the area code).

Tip When you specify an alternate contact number, you may want to update your greetings to include the information (for example: "I am away from my desk right now. Leave a message at the tone, or press 4 to transfer to another sales representative.").

This section contains two procedures. Do the applicable procedure, depending on whether you are using the phone keypad or voice commands.

To Specify an Alternate Contact Number by Using the Phone Keypad

Step 1 Call and log on to Connection.

Step 2 At the Main menu, choose the options Setup Options > Alternate Contact Numbers.

Note Connection plays the prompt to configure alternate contact numbers only when one or more keys are configured to transfer to an alternate contact number.

Step 3 Follow the prompts to specify one or more alternate contact numbers. The prompts tell you which keys can be used to transfer to alternate contact numbers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/user/guide/phone/7xcucugphone160.html

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you!  I will need to bulk update the users to change the zero-out to an Alternate Contact Number vs a Call Handler, but once that is done I can turn the users loose.  This will be a huge time saver!  Thank you again.

Tim

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tim,

You are most welcome my friend (love time savers!)

Cheers!

Rob

I know this is hijacking an old thread but can't find much information about dial 0 destinations.

I understand the Caller Input per User and per Call Handler.

I have a system that is centralized at a main office and has 4 remote offices.  After a caller leaves voicemail they want the dial 0 option to go to the respective offices operators.  Is this going to need multiple partisions/search spaces or is there an easier way to accomplish this?

Michael,

There are probably several good ways, but I would recommend creating multipe site specific Operator Call Handlers.  (SiteA_Operator, SiteB_Operator, etc)

Under the transfer settings for each of these Call Handlers, enter the destination extension for each site.

You can then use the Bulk Edit tool to update the User mailboxes at each site, one site at time to set the "0" caller input option to point to the Call handler you just made for that site.

Unless you have overlaping dial plans within Unity you probably don't need to worry about the partitions/CSS

Hope that helps. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: