Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

entering the extension directry through the AA

I have Unity 4.2 and I want to configure the AA . I want to be able to ask the caller to enter the require extension directly "as number" but the handeler "directory handler " allows you only to enter the name "first and last name".

any help or Idea how to enter the required EXT directly through the AA.

1 Reply 1

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

You have a few options. One is to setup the Caller System transfer as an option off of your main AA menu. Just be sure to edit your Restrictions table in Unity to allow those numbers to be dialed from Unity. This will allow you to dial any extension, including non-VM subscribers.

Another option is to just be sure the key(s) aren't "locked" on the caller input screen for numbers that are valid Unity subscribe extensions (ex. extension is 2345 so make sure 2 isn't "locked"). If you have multiple DN ranges like 2XXX and 3XXX make sure that 2 and 3 aren't locked. This will allow anyone to dial a subcribers extension any time during the AA greeting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: