Views
Helpful
Replies

Ericsson integration with unity 4.05

alarics
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

We're integration Unity 4.05 with Ericsson MD110.We have trouble getting unity to play

the personal greeting for a user with ext 0910. When we call from ext 0933 unity

unity nswers on the first port 001 with an ext of 1501 and plays the opening greeting.

I opened the Integration Monitor with the raw serial option and this is what i get:

<STX>8309330910001<CR><LF>, 20:47:26, , Incoming, INVALID PACKET

<STX>89001<CR><LF>, 20:47:39, , Incoming, INVALID PACKET

I have enabled the AllowZeroLeadingExtensions.

Please assist.

1 Reply 1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have a peek at the averic.avd file on your Unity system. That's where the serial packets for Ericsson are defined. The 83... packet for example should indicate an incoming forwarded call while the 89... packet tells Unity that the call has been disconnected.

So why are these showing up as INVALID? I believe it this the $CHANNEL field that is off. Earlier in the file $CHANNEL is defined as a 2 digit field. Looks like your PBX is sending three digits for whatever reason. You could try changing this to 3 digits, save the file and reboot Unity.

Here's the line that defines the field length...

$CHANNEL= 2, CHANNEL

That said, it is a bit worrisome if you're having to change this. That hasn't been changed since the beginning of time. I wonder if this is a configuration thing on the PBX side? i.e. is there some setting that controls the number of digits used for the voice channel field? If so, this might be good information for Cisco to include in the Unity Integration Guide.

Regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: