Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Error Fetching MailStore

Recently upgraded our mail server to windows2003/exchange 2003 and now I cannot create new subscribers in Unity. Below is the error message I receive when trying to add a new subscriber:

Error fetching MailStore list (for server "exchange 2003 server").

hr=0x8004010F (0x8004010f)

Check that the AVDSGlobalCatalog is registered and running.

Please see your system administrator for more details.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Unified Communications Applications
8 REPLIES

Re: Error Fetching MailStore

Hi -

What version of Unity are you running?

Ginger

4.0(5)

Hi -

You didn't mention what version of Windows 2003 - is that SP1? You might check the version of the Unity permissions wizard you are running to see if you are on version 2.1.0.32 or later. Check out this link to see if this could apply -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00804d2ab0.shtml

It sounds like the directory service account, which the AvDsGlobalCatalog service uses, may not have the necessary permissions.

Ginger

the partner exchange server is win2003/SP1, the unity server is win2000.

I will need to uninstall 2003SP1 run the permission wizard and see if that resolves the issue.

I am planning to further upgrade our Unity server to the latest version. Any idea if that would solve the issue as well?

Thank you for your help.

Hi -

You don't need to uninstall the SP1, just rerun the Unity permissions wizard using at minimum the version I mentioned. You can check out the latest 4.2 release notes here (great new conversation features) - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_note09186a008061eb25.html

4.0(5) did have a number of Engineering specials, which you might investigate with TAC, although I didn't see anything specific for your error in the 4.0(5) Bug Tool - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_release_notes_list.html

I would definitely try the permissions wizard first to see if that corrects the error you are seeing.

Ginger

Ran the wizard and it completed with no errors.

Still getting the same error when trying to add a subscriber

Hey -

Sorry I haven't been much help :-(

Something you can do to verify correct access rights for the directory service account:

1. From Unity server, log in using the directory service account (the same account used to run the AvDSGlobalCatalog service).

2. Go to Unity Tools Depot

3. Select Diagnostic Tools and run the Directory Access Diagnostics. Try to create a test subscriber.

4. Report any errors you see to TAC - you can also post here for other Unity experts.

Sincerely, Ginger

Ran Diagnostics with no errors, I will open up a case with TAC.

Thanks for your help.

Views
Helpful
Replies