Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Messages after running DisasterRecoveryRestore

rayon.man
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can successfully restore the unity in new hardware using DiRT. However, I found there are sevearl non-fatal errors in Log.txt. Do anyone understand what those errors are and how to fix it (especially the third one)? Thanks a lot !

=============================

(error) the backed up database has a NULL value for the DirectoryID of the Example subscriber object in the Subscriber table.

This usually means there was not representation of this object in the directory.

(error) Failed to syncronize SQL data with the directory. Error number=-2147467259 Description=Method '~' of object '~' failed

Sync finished at: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss

DBWalker error:

1203:(error) The primary call handler for this subscriber has it's AdministratorObjectID value set to point to a different subscriber.

You can fix this in DOHPropTest by copying the ObjectID of the subscriber into the AVP_ADMINISTRATOR_OBJECT_ID value for the primary call handler.

This can also, however, mean a there is a 'cross linked' call handler problem where a single primary call handler is being 'shared' by more than one subscriber.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would just delete the example subscriber account - it's not used for anything which is why it's not in later versions of Unity.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The first two could actually be the same thing (error when synching the example subscriber object into the directory) - the example subscriber account was removed along the way back in a late 3.x build but residual references to it could be around. You didn't indicate a version, but either way I don't think these are anything to worry about.

Did you run dbWalker before doing the backup? The last error would not be something DiRT would introduce, the DB is restored "as is" and links are then fixed up after the fact (i.e. DirectoryId values are all different after a restore) - but links between primary call handlers and their corresponding subscribers are not touched. I suspect that one was hanging around all along.

Every subscriber has a user object and a call handler and they are tied together by "poinging" at each other. dbWalker checks that the primary call handler pointed to by the user object also points back to the correct user object - in this case they do not so it flags an error. Most often in the past this was just a "stranded" call handler that was not removed when a user was deleted in the directory. In later versions of Unity this doesn't happen as cleanup happens for related objects on direct SQL triggers which makes it much more difficult to strand an object like that. I haven't seen anything like this in a product system on 4.0(5)+ versions of Unity.

The original version of unity system is 3.0 and it was upgraded to 4.0(3)SR1. Now the migration was performed in 4.0(3)SR1. I think the ESubscriber was created during version 3.0 installation. I checked the document that we may delete this account at any time. Is it applied to our case (i.e. the system was upgraded before)?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00801ba400.html

We ran dbWalker on the old system and the last error already existed on it. What tool I can use to fix this error before using DiRT to backup the system? Thanks for your professional suggestion!

=======Full Error Message from dbWalker=====

Alias=ESubscriber

Display Name=Example Subscriber - UNITY

Jump to this subscriber in the SA using this link: Open SA to this subscriber

1203:(error) The primary call handler for this subscriber has it's AdministratorObjectID value set to point to a different subscriber.

You can fix this in DOHPropTest by copying the ObjectID of the subscriber into the AVP_ADMINISTRATOR_OBJECT_ID value for the primary call handler.

This can also, however, mean a there is a 'cross linked' call handler problem where a single primary call handler is being 'shared' by more than one subscriber.

COS Alias=defaultsubscriber

Location Object Alias=default

Voice name WAV file path=d:\CommServer\Stream Files\ESubscriberVoiceName.wav

Location object display name={Default}

Subscriber is assigned to language=English (United States)

I would just delete the example subscriber account - it's not used for anything which is why it's not in later versions of Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: