cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Errors on Phrase Server

rbewlay
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0.3 with Exchange 2000. User have messages in server, but receive message they Have new messages, then goes straight to End of New Messages greeting. Errors shown in Event log. First of which is as below. Any thoughts?

Rory

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PhraseServer

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 10014

Date: 05/02/2004

Time: 7:07:47 PM

User: N/A

Computer: VGBIEUROCUNTY1

Description:

Cisco Unity's Phrase Server Manager experienced a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

Failed to get Phrase Server's multi-use Phrase Server from the VariantList.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Method: CAvPhraseServerMgr::CreatePhraseServerSUByProgID

Phrase Server MU ProgID: AvSubMsgPlayENG.CMultiUse

ProgId: AvSubMsgPlayENG.CSingleUse

Error: 0x80070057 E_INVALIDARG

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

13 Replies 13

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The conversations folks ask if you can turn on these traces in the Unity Diagnostic Tool (found in the tools depot on your desktop or in the Unity program group off the start menu):

CDE: 10,13,14,19

PhraseServer:10,11,12,13

Subscriber conversation: 10,11,13,15,17,23,25,26

reproduce the problem, gather the trace output and then post the output - you can post it out here now as an attachment (they just started supporting attachment out here recently). They'll take a look at it and see if they can tell what's going on.

Traces as attached. Things that have happened recently are:

implemenatation of DiRT, One way trust from another another domain (this has been removed) and implementation of the client side of Prognosis.

We also are now getting on trying to add a new subscriber "Unrecognised error 0x8004099B has occured. The subscriber was not successfully added"

Can you expand a little on "implementation of DiRT" for me? You mean you've restored this system to this box Using DiRT lately? Or you've just started backing it up regularly? If the later, that's not anything to worry about (read only operation). If the former then I'd be more interested.

I'll pass these along to the conversations folks to look at.

that SA error looks like it translates to a directory monitor error:

E_AV_DC_ALREADY_EXISTING

Description: A request to create an object that already exists occurred

Perhaps you're trying to create a user with a conflicting alias? Just a guess... are you getting that on all adds or just for a particular user?

For the conversation errors, you might want to make sure that the prompts listed in the avcsmgr diag that was attached are really present on the system. I seem to recall a similar case with a similar error, and that was the cause; a missing prompt.

For the problem with adding the user through the SA, if you want to set all of the AvDSAD traces and attach those after reproducing the error, I can take a look.

Going back in the event log and rebooting I see the following error - and the .wav file does not exist. How come this happens?

Rory

Event Type: Error

Event Source: VBRuntime

Event Category: None

Event ID: 1

Date: 09/02/2004

Time: 4:29:27 PM

User: N/A

Computer: VGBIEUROCUNTY1

Description:

The VB Application identified by the event source logged this Application AvSubSetupUtilsENG: Thread ID: 3944 ,Logged: CMultiUse: InitPrompt: AvSubSplDeliveryENG029.wav not found in search path d:\CommServer\localize\Prompts\ENG\G711\AvSubSplDelivery

Usually this comes about with sites delete WAV files (either in an attempt to edit the conversation portions they don't want to hear or by accident) - you can go fetch that WAV file off the installation CDs - they aren't stored compressed or anything, you can go right to the same directory path on the CD and find the file in question and copy it on.

If there are other missing WAV files for whatever reason, you can run an upgrade to the same version which will copy them all on or just do your own XCOPY of the appropriate prompt language directory off the install media.

Jeff spot on about the missing WAV files. 6 files were missisng in AvFaxSend, AvSubMsgPlay, AvSubMsgOptConv1.

We are using the ENG language files. Had just copied the ENU oners and renamed for the time being as I received this. Will restore the rest from the distribution media.

Unless we have had hackers there is no reason for these files to have been erased. Very strange behaviour.

Installed DiRT. Backing up regulary from the Failover Server to a shared directory on the Primary (just as a place to put it). Backing up the message store too. Created UnityAdmin as a Local User also to allow the Exchange backup (we have only 150 license for VM only of which ony 60 are in use right now) and performed the necessary permisions changes as documented on the Domain Controller.

User add is a red herring - my error. Indeed a duplicate already in the exchange message store.

Do you know what version are they upgrade from?

Do they have optional conversation 1 users?

And I am also interested to know what is the registry value under the key

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\CDE\1.0\SoftKey Config File"

Running totally standard Conversation. Softkey Config File entry is: d:\CommServer\Support\UnityKey.ini

Looking at the traces I see that the major issues start here as below. Looks like permission errors to me but where and what?

Rory

EXPLANATION:

Failed to get Phrase Server's multi-use Phrase Server from the VariantList.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Method: CAvPhraseServerMgr::CreatePhraseServerSUByProgID

Phrase Server MU ProgID: AvSubMsgPlayENG.CMultiUse

ProgId: AvSubMsgPlayENG.CSingleUse

Error: 0x80070057 E_INVALIDARG (null)

11:10:33:453 (CiscoUnity_PhraseServer,10022,-1,-1) [Thread 3800] [Port 1] Cisco Unity's Phrase Server Manager experienced a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

Failed while calling a local method on a Phrase Server object.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Method: CAvPhraseServerMgr::CreatePhraseServerSUByName

Called Method: CreatePhraseServerSUByProgID

Parameters: AvSubMsgPlayENG.CSingleUse | AvSubMsgPlayENG.CMultiUse

Error: 0x80004005 E_FAIL (null)

11:10:33:454 (CiscoUnity_PhraseServer,10022,-1,-1) [Thread 3800] [Port 1] Cisco Unity's Phrase Server Manager experienced a serious error.

have encountered same problem - will attach diag log

enter pin and "states you have 4 messages"

then says "new messages" then "end of new messages"

"this system is unable to complete your call, please tty again later - good-bye"

have copied over (after making copy) entire G711 prompts directory - in case any missing wave files.

This didn't help

shut down all servers and restarted - including DC, Exchange2K, Unity 4.0.3 and Callmanager 3.3.3sr4

get the same 6 errors in app log (attached)

also see attached diag log

here is the port monitor csv

trying to retrieve message from DN 8893