Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

event monitoring service problem

Unity 403. I am using event monitoring service to create a new receipient. However after I enter all the info and click ok I didn't see the receipient. Also if I click new event it didn't pop up anything. Any thought? thanks

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: event monitoring service problem

Which version of EMS are you trying to work with? If you haven't already, definitely make sure you have the latest off its home page:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_EMS.htm

Also, make sure the MDB files under the install directory where EMS is running are not marked read only - I've seen that cause issues before.

Thanks. I downloaded the latest one and it worked.

However I can't receive smtp notification.

Anything else do I need to do to make smtp work? for example create smtp connector in the unity exchange server? Or EMS is just a smtp client and as long unity has internet access,alert should be able to delivered?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

In the help file it notes that the SMTP notification device "uses the SMTP server included with IIS. Since this method doesn’t depend on Cisco Unity for the notification it can be used to monitor events that indicate catastrophic failure of Cisco Unity."

So you need to make sure the IIS on your box is setup to send SMTP messages out to a server on your network. Details for this can be found on Microsoft's site.

Views
Helpful
Replies