Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Exchange mailbox cleanup

I am running Unity 4.0(5) with exchange 2k on box. In one of my classes of service, I have "Deleted Messages are copied to the deleted items folder"

We recently found that none of these deleted items are getting deleted even though our exchange message store deletion settings are set to keep deleted items for 0 days. AD settings for the user(s) are also set to use the message store settings.

I've since corrected the problem by adding a script in Unity tools, message store management and deleted items are now being removed.

What I don't understand is why does this script need to be run? What are the message store settings used for if they do not remove deleted messages? I also noticed that Exchange also has a mailbox manager that appears to do the same thing as the Unity script.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Exchange mailbox cleanup

Glenn, the setting "Keep Deleted Items For ( days) on the limits tab of the Mailbox Store properties box does not remove deleted items. You need to use a mailbox policy to do this:

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html

The setting makes it possible for users to recover items that have been soft deleted and removed from the deleted items folder.

In fact, if you want to immediately delete voice messages, you want to uncheck " Deleted messages are copied to the deleted items folder" on your COS template page.

Views
Helpful
Replies