cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange Message store error

jlzfeeney
Level 1
Level 1

I am installing Unity VM only on a MCS-7815-I1-CC1-ECS1-IPC1 with SQL2000, Exchange 2000, Windows 2000 and all of the latest patches. Everything goes fine until I load Exchange. At about the last 10 percent of the install, I get the following error:

Problem Details: When installing Exchange 2000 on the Unity Server, I get the following error:

Setup failed while installing sub-component Information Store Service with

error code 0xC007007E (Please consult installation logs for a detailed

description.

I have reloaded the OS several times thinking there was a problem with the load to no avail. I have opened a TAC case and have not made much headway there either. I have installed 2 systems similar to this in the last few months with no issues so this is somewhat bizzare? Anyone seen this?

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I found this link on Microsoft, which may be of some assistance - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292439

Ginger

Good morning Ginger. I have checked into this and the exstrace.dll file does exist in the system32 directory. I actually got onto an existing install from a prior customer to check versions, etc and they are spot identical. I have built three of these in the last 2 months and the only difference is the prior installs were HPs and these are IBMs. Go figure.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Did you use Windows 2000 server CD to build the server or Callmanager OS 2000-x-x-x cds?

Is your DNS pointed to the Active Directory DNS? (do you see any NetLogon errors in the System Event Logs?)

Ding, Ding, give that man a prize. Good job hinho, actually the original problem is I was shipped the wrong platform CD with the original order (2nd time in 5 installations that this has happened) so I tried the Call Manager OS Cds(tight on schedule for deployment), hence the errors. End result, I called TAC and had them burn me the right Platform CD and all is well. You all may know this but verify your load CDs well before deployment as distribution is not always spot on.;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: