cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway transform to simplify dial string for CMR requesting traversal license

dbooth
Level 1
Level 1

Having implemented CMR integration via Expressway, we're now trying to configure a transform on the Expressway-C as suggested in the 'Webex Meeting Center Video Conferencing Enterprise Deployment Guide (WB31) to 'Simplify the Dial String'.

The example given says 'For example, for a prefix of 7 use a regex pattern string of 7(\d{9})'.  This alone does not seem to work as the dial string coming from CUCM is 7(\d{9})@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060, so I have configured a dial string 7(\d{9})@.* and this seems to have done the trick as I am no longer seeing 'Event="Search Completed" Reason="Not found"' in the event log.

However I am instead seeing the following;

tvcs: Event="Search Completed" Reason="Service Unavailable" Service="SIP" Src-alias-type="SIP" Src-alias="xxx@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" Dst-alias-type="SIP" Dst-alias="sip:7954900012@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060" Call-serial-number="1339e388-dede-4a81-a6b0-9f9f75164efd" Tag="c49c65ec-b179-446c-849e-a45d47f398a5" Detail="found:false, searchtype:INVITE, Info:No License Available" Level="1" UTCTime="2017-05-19 13:38:10,741"
licensemanager: Level="INFO" Detail="License not granted" call_id="a5d58fb1-b2a0-41a6-823b-ded7df5f2496" lic_type="traversal" tokens=2 UTCTime="2017-05-19 13:38:10,739"

it appears to be wanting a traversal license.

The Expressways are X8.6.1 which shouldn't need any additional licenses for CMR integration, but do you need traversal licenses to do this?  Do later Expressway version resolve this?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Its working as expected, hence i hardly believe the behavior will change going forward. Without the domain there is no way it detect it as a CMR call instead of a normal B2B call.

I am not sure what document you are referring to, but look at the WBS31 document here, and follow this one.

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-11707

If you want to save on licensing cost then you have to use URI dialing method with the domain.

Regards,

Alok

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Its correct that you don't need licenses for CMR Calls, but why is your destination URI is "sip:7954900012@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060"  ??

what is 7954900012 is ??

Regards,

Alok

79 is the prefix configured in CUCM and 54900012 is the Webex meeting ID I'm trying to access.

Understood, but why the destination URI is having "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5060" at the end ?? and why not' your domain part ?

For e.g. 7954900012@abc.webex.com. 

You do had SIP route pattern on CUCM, correct ?? if not then create a SIP route pattern for webex.com and then dial in the format as mentioned above.

If it still comes with for e.g. 7954900012@abc.webex.com:5060 then you need to create a transform to strip the port 5060 and then let the resultant transformed destination URI  passed via traversal zone.

Regards,

Alok

If you dial a numeric string in CUCM and then pass it via SIP trunk to Expressway, then Expressway will always see numeric_string@ip_address_of_CUCM:5060, which is why you need the transform in Expressway to convert it to numeric_string_minus_prefix@abc.webex.com.

Correct, but if you create a sip route pattern for domain "webex.com" and remove the route pattern and then dial "7954900012@abc.webex.com" it routes via sip route pattern and then it will always shows up as the URI with domain and not via ip-address.

I would only do the way you are doing at the moment, if i have phones who are not able to dial alphanumeric URI's. But if they have Jabber then use that to dial in CMR. 

What's happening here is since the Expressway doesn't see that domain "webex.com" it treat is as normal B2B call and asking for license allocation. Read the Expressway release note for x8.6.

"Note: This only applies when the dialed string does not need transformation on the Expressway (for example, user@sitename.webex.com)."

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/release_note/Cisco-Expressway-Release-Note-X8-6.pdf 

Regards,

Alok

We already have SIP route patterns configured which allow dialling of @abc.webex.com and this works fine from Jabber.  But there's a specific section in the deployment docs about setting up simple dialling in the way that I've described and the question is all about why the transform wasn't working and why Expressway is throwing the license error.

If it makes sense for Expressway to be trying to apply a license in this scenario then I understand what is happening.  The question remains, would I see different behaviour with a later version of Expressway?

Its working as expected, hence i hardly believe the behavior will change going forward. Without the domain there is no way it detect it as a CMR call instead of a normal B2B call.

I am not sure what document you are referring to, but look at the WBS31 document here, and follow this one.

https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-11707

If you want to save on licensing cost then you have to use URI dialing method with the domain.

Regards,

Alok

Alok, thanks for taking the time to answer my question, much appreciated.