cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and Presence Requirements (Device association)

TODD BERGMAN
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that would like to use Extension Mobility thorughout the system. According to the documentation when implementing extension mobility a user can not be associated to the device he or she is logging into. Now presence requires the user to be associated to a phone. Can a deployment like this be done?

Typically I setup the phones with same lines as device profiles so when comes into work they do not have to log in. But yet they can log into any phone in the organization. How can I do this with Presence if Presence requires a device association?

Thanks for the help.

-Todd

5 Replies 5

pma1995
Level 1
Level 1

We use Extension Mobility and CUPC between several sites and it works correctly. The user logs into the phone and CUPC then chooses desk phone on CUPC. CUPC automatically searches and finds the phone that the user is logged into.

I take it the user does not have to be associated with the phone they have login on.

Frank

The user has to be logged into EM first before logging onto CUPC. Next log into CUPC and select desk phone. The Communications Manager will then tell CUPC which device the user is logged into. If the user hasn't logged into that phone previously, CUPC will ask if they want to associate CUPC with that phone.

pma, how do you configure CUCM for this? (I'm familiar with how to configure
CUPC, ip phones and extension mobility, so just the overview is fine).

pma1995
Level 1
Level 1

There's no special configuration.  The one caveat is that you cannot specify the user's MAC in AD.  This will cause Presence to search for devices where it will find the phone that the user is logged into.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: