Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility change CSS

dmcavinue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a phone's that when the user is logged in, they have external access to calls, and when they are logged out, they have Internal access to calls only. Ths is easy to do when I am using different lines per profile but I can't think of how to do it using te same line in both profiles. CCM doesn't allow you to define 2 different set's of settings for one line. Any suggestions?

2 Replies 2

edison_abad
Level 1
Level 1

pls try this:

ip phone's line config:

=======================================

dn: 100

partition: none (or lower priority in everybody's css)

css: css without outgoing calls

em logout profile: use current device settings

device profile's config:

=======================================

dn: 100

partition: (highest priority in everybody's css)

css = (powerful css)

this will not be a shared directory numbers because they belong to a different partition

Hi,

I'm trying to do the same, but when the user is logged on the phone, another user can't reach him (Fast Busy).

I found a document from Cisco, Document ID 70393 (Call Failure from Cisco IP Phone with Extension Mobility (EM) User Device Profile Logged In, to Cisco IP Phone in EM Logout Mode).

It suggests to use a CFNA setting, which worked, but the problem is if the user is logged in and someone try to call him, after the No Answer timer expires the calling phone hears fast busy.

Let me know if you found someway to deploy it without those issues...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: