SRND of CUCM 6.x is talking about how to configure extension mobility redunduncy. i have configured them exactally as it mentioned in the document using Microsoft DNS Server. but even then redunduncy does not work. when i shutdown the publisher server then extension mobility also goes down. when i press the services button it just gets stuck at "requesting" and then in the end gives me error saying "host not found".
i have got CUCM 220.127.116.110 Version
following are the changes implemented for this EM redunduncy to work
1. configured microsoft DNS server with a domain name called bashrebank.corp.network
2. configured hostname bb-agc-ccm-emrr under the above mentioned domain pointing to both the CUCM IP addresses. so the FQDN is bb-agc-ccm-emrr.bashrebank.corp.network
3. testing the name resolution through my pc and it resolved to both the server by doing ping and NSLOOKUP
4. changed the services URL IP Address in the enterprise parameters to FQDN.
5. configured the EM URL IP Address to FQDN
6. configured DHCP so that DNS server ip address could be assigned to IP phones.
7. reloaded the IP phones so that changes could take effect.
8. confirmed from IP phones web page that changes have taken effect in serives URL and DNS server.
9. restarted CUCM publisher and subscriber
10. removed the publisher ethernet cable for testing
11. but EM did not work it gave me error as it mentioned above.
Please tell me where i have gone wrong with this configuration.
SIP traces provide key information in troubleshooting SIP Trunks, SIP
endpoints and other SIP related issues. Even though these traces are in
clear text, these texts can be gibberish unless you understand fully
what they mean. This document attempts to br...
Please find the attached HTML document, download and open it on your PC.
This provides an easy to use form where you simply answer a few
questions and it will render the proper jabber-config.xml file for you
to copy/paste. There is built in logic to verif...
CUCM Database Replication is an area in which Cisco customers and
partners have asked for more in-depth training in being able to properly
assess a replication problem and potentially resolve an issue without
involving TAC. This document discusses the bas...