You're getting host not found because you specified a Host name (such as the server name) under the EM IP phone services url rather than the ip address and you don't have DNS ip's handed out to the phones. Extension mobility is a toggle switch so you use the same service to log in and out and user the EM paramater to say whether or not users can log in multiple times.
To make this work (this is all speculation on your DNS stuff).
1. Change Phone service paramater to reflect IP address and not DNS of server.
2. Copy this service and call it EM logout or something of the like.
3. Create a phone template for 7940's and 7960's add the log out service to it.
4. Create desired EM profiles based upon the phone templates.
5. Apply (associate) EM profiles to respective users in the User configuration.
6. Enable extension mobility to desired login phones (can be done with BAT or individually).
I'm not able to access my old voice mail messages all of a sudden. The recording says something like 'the message is currently not available'. This has never happened before in all the years I have been using this system. I have t...
If you have 2 ISR routers, one acting as Failover, do we need to have both the same number of SRST licenses on the 2 routers?
No. You will only need the SRST licenses on the primary router. Because this feature...
You have reached the Cisco Logistics Support Center.. To Check Status of your RMA, visit Product Returns & Replacements (RMA).
Need help? Contact us by Phone or Email.
Phone: 1800 553 2447 Option 4